Trump tells urban legend as if it were true

Do you really want to nominate for president someone who is this gosh-darned gullible and prone to spouting ridiculous fables? What an embarrassment. What a clown. What fool. This guy should run for court jester.

In South Carolina just a couple of days ago:

 

 

Advertisements

8 comments on “Trump tells urban legend as if it were true

  1. John Chontos says:

    Are you saying better Hillary or Bernie? Having you had enough of the political do nothing establishment? We need an action guy, not another beltway puppet.

  2. Vernon Clayson says:

    Urban legend it is but it isn’t the first fable told by a presidential candidate,the current president published two autobiographies, perhaps co-authored, that sold him to not only the gullible public but experienced politicians. Those two books served in place of actual official recoteds, none of which we have seen. Candidates stumble, if America can survive a Manchurian candidate it can survive a brash businesman, Ted Cruz seems the most intelligent of the candidates, but no one mentions intelligence with Republican candidates, that’s reserved for Democcrat candidates. Obama was said to be an intellect with no record of accomplishments, Cruz has a record of accomplishments in law and politics. He should be Trump/s VP.

  3. Trump is a blustering, name-calling clown who has no political or philosophical principles. His accomplishments are mostly self-aggrandizements. His actual record is one of failure after failure.
    He refused to release his tax records and calls for the WSJ editorial board to be fired when they call him out on his dithering.

  4. Bill says:

    I first heard this story some 62 years ago as a Marine Recruit, and according to my Drill Instructor, U.S. forces used this tactic against rebellious Muslim Moros in the Philipines circa 18985-1913. Insofar as I know, there is no evidence either way that this tactic was or was not done and doubt seriously that it is anything other than an urban myth that provides a simplistic solution to a complex problem.

  5. Winston Smith says:

    “Here comes the orator! With his flood of words, and his drop of reason.” – Benjamin Franklin, 1735

  6. Connie Foust says:

    All I want from Trump is a plan. There is no plan, just rhetoric. He’s is great at calling names, demeaning people and bombastic platitudes and does not offer a plan. The border wall is number one never going to be a wall. I have lived on the border and with the monsoons and the terrain, there will be no wall, then deporting all aliens and sending back the “good” ones is not a plan, that is amnesty. Only 30% of Republican’s support him, how does he get the other 70%? He has the highest unfavorable ratings among the populace and will have a tough time beating a Democrat. So we indeed have a problem. Just saying.

  7. JFalk says:

    Mr. Mitchell, I usually like what you write, but I believe we’re leaving you in the dust on the Trump issue. Jim Falk, Churchill County

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s