What could Hillary Clinton possibly say that would be worth $225,000 to hear?
But that’s what she is being paid to speak at a fundraiser for the UNLV Foundation in October.
Perhaps she will regale her audience with hair-raising accounts like the time while as first lady she landed in Bosnia under sniper fire like she did at George Washington University in 2008 on the campaign trail:
“I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.”
Oh yeah, that was fiction.
Speaking of fiction, one can get many more words per dollar out of Hillary’s new book, “Hard Choices,” which you find for $11 used online. Not sure how much of that goes to her ghostwriter Ted Widmer or how much of her $14 million advance for the book he got.
At $225,000 a speech, maybe she is trying to catch up to Bill, who has been paid $105 million for more than 500 speeches since leaving the White House “dead broke” and “struggled” to pay mortgages on their two multimillion-dollar houses, as Hillary recalls.
At least some UNLV students are saying she should donate all or part of her speaking fee to the university. Still waiting to hear back from her.
For a partial list of Hillary’s fabrications read a Dick Morris column from the 2008 campaign. I’m sure there have been more since, such as Benghazi. These are the admitted lies:
• Chelsea was jogging around the Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. (She was in bed watching it on TV.)
• Hillary was named after Sir Edmund Hillary. (She admitted she was wrong. He climbed Mt. Everest five years after her birth.)
• She was under sniper fire in Bosnia. (A girl presented her with flowers at the foot of the ramp.)
• She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market. (It didn’t cover the market back then.)
Here are a few she has yet to own up to:
• She didn’t know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted.
• Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error.
• She didn’t know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so.
• She was instrumental in the Irish peace process.
• She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda.
• She played a role in the ’90s economic recovery.
• The billing records showed up on their own.
• She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke.
• She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia (who were released the day before she got there).
As for the truth about Hillary’s health, you might have to read Ed Klein’s book “Blood Feud.”
Perhaps Hillary’s next book should be on how to invest in cattle futures so we can all get in on the action.